- How old should I be to obtain a driver’s license
The baseline age to obtain a driver’s license is 18 years.
- Where should I apply for a driver’s license
Driver’s licensing is managed by the Uganda Ministry of Works and Transport in collaboration with the Uganda Revenue Authority and Face Technologies, A South African Company that was tasked with Designing Printing and Supply of Computerised Driving Permits (CDP) in Uganda. You can get the application forms online from Face Technologies office or from the Uganda Ministry of Works and Transport website
- Where are Face Technologies Offices?
The easiest way to the most current Face Technologies office location is to check their website and go to contact us section. They have both locations but also email and phone numbers you can call to find more information. Currently, listed offices are: Kampala, Mbarara, Fort Portal, Jinja, Mbale, Guru, and Arua.
- What is the difference between a learner’s permit, a driving license, a driving permit, a definitive license, a provisional license?
Simply put a permit is a license: a driver’s license is the same thing as a driving permit. A learner’s permit is just a temporary permit that is issued to someone who is learning to take the test for a full permit or license. A Provisional License is a temporary license that is issued when the actual license is being prepared. It has the same value as the actual license but is typically valid for a short amount of time
- Do I need a Learner’s permit to obtain a definitive Driving permit
Yes, you need to possess a learner’s permit, it is one of the documents you have to present to not only withdraw your final driving permit but also to even go to driving school which is a requirement in Uganda.
- What is the difference between a learner’s permit and a full permit?
With a full permit, you are allowed to operate vehicles on the Ugandan public roadways, with the learner’s permit, you are not allowed to drive unless you are with an instructor. The learner’s permit is for the purpose of learning how to drive.
- What is a Certificate of Competence?
A Certificate of Competence is a document that you obtain upon passing the driving test. This certificate is also computerized and forwards to Face Technologies. When you go to Face Technologies to have the final driving license printed, they already have your name in the system.
- What is a certificate of completion?
The Certificate of Completion is a document offered by the driving school upon successfully completing driving lessons. This certificate is a requirement in order to be able to register to take a driving test.
- Will I get a Certificate of Completion after finishing eDrivingSchool.org Uganda Course? Will it be acceptable by the Uganda Inspector of Vehicle for driving test scheduling?
Our certificate of Completion will certify that you have taken our driving theory course, it shows that you have learned and understood the Uganda Highway code, a good document to possess and utilize. Unfortunately, this certificate cannot be used to register for a driving test, the reason being that per the requirement of the Ministry of Works and Transport the student shall have undergone both practice and theory courses. Our team is working on this, however, in the meantime, we encourage students to use our edrivingschool.org course as a way to enhance their skills not just for the purpose of passing the test but also in light of becoming knowledgeable, certified, reliable drivers
- Where Can I find information about obtaining a driving license
There are multiple resources online, we provide links to different websites that offer free and paid information, practice exams, etc. We recommend to always consult both Face Technologies and Ministry of Works and Transport websites for more up to date information and the Handbook for a complete body of knowledge regarding road and traffic information.
- I just moved to Uganda with a valid driving license, can I use it to drive in Uganda?
If you have a valid driving license in Uganda, you have an option to exchange it with a Ugandan driving license of the same category. Visit or contact the nearest Face Technologies office for more information.
- Can I transfer my international driver’s license to a Uganda driver’s license without taking a test?
Absolutely, Visit or contact the nearest Face Technologies office for more information.
- Do I need to take a driving course to obtain a driver’s license in Uganda?
Yes, this is mandatory. You must attend a licensed driving school in order to register to take a driving test.
- Is eDrivingSchool.org affiliated to any government agency? Uganda Ministry of Works and Transport, Uganda Revenue Authority or Face Technologies?
No, edrivingschool.org is a private organization that is not affiliated to any state agency or government. The information we provide is as they are, though we do our best to provide you with the most accurate information, we shall never be liable for the info we provide to you, it is still your responsibility to cross-check and use the info we provide with your own caution.
- Where Can I get more information?
You can browse on the web, there are plenty of resources, edrivingschool.org has a whole lot of information that you may take advantage of, feel free to browse here, and take our courses or our partner courses.
- I have more questions, how can I reach you?
If you have more questions, you can reach us via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I want to partner with you, are you open?
Yes, please reach out to us via our email: email@example.com
- What else would you like to tell me?
Good luck with your preparation and enjoy your driving.