- How old should I be to obtain a driver’s license
The baseline age to obtain a driver’s license is 18. Before 18, one may be able to obtain a restricted driving license or provisional license
- Where should I apply for a driver’s license
Driver’s licensing is managed by the state of Texas Department of Public Safety with offices in different cities
- Do I need a provisional license to obtain a definitive license
No you don’t when you are of the required age, you can just obtain a definitive driver license, provisional license or restricted license is only issued when the driver has not reached the baseline age to obtain a definitive driver license
- Where Can I find information about obtaining a driving license
There are multiple resources online, we provide links to different websites that offer free and paid information, practice exams, etc. We recommend to always consult the State of Texas Driving Handbook for complete body of knowledge from the Department of Public Safety
- I just moved to the US with a valid driving license, can I use it to drive in Texas?
There is a good chance that if it is an international driving license you will be able to drive temporarily, please contact the Department of Public Safety for specific information regarding your case.
- Can I transfer my international driver’s license to a US driver’s license without taking a test?
It depends, the best way to find out would be to contact the department of motor vehicles in the state where you live.
- Do I need to take a driving course to obtain a driver’s license?
This is not mandatory, only if you are not 18 years of age and want to have a provisional/restricted license. There may be some other cases, but it is typically encouraged for insurance discounts purpose or well prepared for both theory and driving tests.
- Is eDrivingSchool.org affiliated with the State of Texas?
No, edrivingschool.org is private organization that is not affiliated to any state agency or government. The information we provide are as they are, though we do our best to provide you with the most accurate information, we shall never be liable for the info we provide to you, it is still your responsibility to cross check and use the info we provide with your own caution.
- Where Can I get more information?
You can browse on the web, there are plenty of resources, edrivingschool.org has pages for every state, feel free to browse here, and take our courses or our partner courses.
- I have more questions, how can I reach you?
If you have more questions, you can reach us via our email: email@example.com
- I want to partner with you, are you open?
Yes, please reachout to us via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What else would you like to tell me?
Good luck in your preparation and enjoy your driving.